Images include pictures, photographs, clipart, drawings and
even animated gifs. Images should be in either .jpg or .gif format for the Internet.
They may be produced by using a digital camera, a scanner or a paint or drawing
package. Make sure that you select the save option with your scanner, camera
to save as a .jpg or .gif. A very useful package to have would be Paint Shop
Pro, which can change other formats to .jpg or .gif and can also crop and resize
pictures. If your picture is too big it will take longer to download and surfers
may go away from your website.
From a pedagogical point of view it would be ideal if all the clipart and photographs were the children's original work. Then the ownership of the website would be theirs.
All the image files should first be put into the Myweb folder or the folder in which you have your web files. This is most important so that when you upload your website the image files will be found by the links within your html files.
To add an image
1. Open hist.html in Netscape.
2. Go to file menu and click on edit page. Now you are in Composer.
3. Click in the second row. Align the cursor in the middle.
4. Click on the image icon on the toolbar.
5. The image menu will come up. Click on choose file and find the correct folder. Select the image file you require with the mouse.
6. Click on open. Click on OK. Now the image file is inserted on the web page. As you can see from the insert image menu you could also add a border or a link to the image.
7. Click on save and then on preview.
8. Now put images on each page in the same way.
|1.Introduction||2.Some Rules||3.Webplan||4.Make Indexpage||5.Make Content template|
|6.Indexpage links||7.Adding text||8.Adding Images||9.Add an email link||10.Upload your site|
|11.Develop further||12.Other Ways||13.Submit site||14.Links to Examples||15.Click here to download
text version of tutorial