INTEGRATED PROJECT 026
The Role of ICT as a Support To Learning
REARCROSS N. S.
There are sixty pupils and three teachers in the school.
Our school has three classrooms and a staff room.
The school was opened Easter 1970.
It replaced the old school which was built in 1881.
The old school is now the Communty Centre.
The old school had four classrooms and there was a solid fuel stove in each classroom.
Mrs. Quinlan is the only teacher in the present staff who also taught in the old school.
Mrs.Quinlan is teaching in Rearcross since1965, Mr.Corcoran since 1977and Mrs Daly since 1986.
Our school is situated on the Slieve Felim mountains.
It is approximately 700 feet above sea level.
We use the Community Centre for P.E. classes.
Fr. Woods our Parish Priest visits the school and answers our questions.
We have a Basketball court and a Tennis court.
We got all the classrooms carpeted and new P.V.C windows at the back.
The field at the side of the school is a bit too small to play hurling or football.
Two years ago we won the North Tipperary Primary School shield in hurling.
The Set Dancers from Rearcross won the county final in Scor na bPaisti two years in a row.
We have Litter Wardens to tidy up the school grounds every day.
The old name for Rearcross is Rae na bhFearnog. This means the level ground of the Alder.
During Lent each year we do a sponsored walk for Trocaire.
The Football and Hurling coaches come to the school every second week.
Our under eleven Quiz team won the Mulcair Credit Union schools Quiz last year.
We had a Book Fair last November .This takes place every second year.