· Lots of preparatory
work is required for this project. Don't rush to sit in front
of the computer screens too quickly!
· Make sure the students vary the topics they choose. They
may want to choose topics their friends have chosen. This
may make for boring and repetitive presentations.
· It's important that the students are very familiar with
the PowerPoint Application before starting. Otherwise time
that should be spent on the content of the topic will be spent
on grappling with the functions of the computer.
· Make sure that you are familiar with PowerPoint yourself
and that you can cope with any technical difficulties that
may arise in the computer room. If this is not the case, at
least ensure that help is near at hand.
· Make sure the students move quickly through the making of
the slides. They may get too caught up in pictures, colours
and design rather than concentrating on the content of the
· Be prepared for students who are reluctant to stand in front
of the class when presenting their projects. It can be a very
daunting task for some! You might prepare some questions to
ask them in order to encourage them to speak.
· 1000 Téarma Ríomhaireachta
· Microsoft PowerPoint Application
· To see a sample presentation,