Children were asked what it was like learning with computers and what
they liked about the computers in their schools.
Here are some of their comments.
- When the teacher lets us pick for ourselves
we can learn very well and the computer has lots of stuff to pick from.
- You can work without distraction on the
- There's more to pick from than in a book.
- No more blotchy copies,
- The games make learning fun and you don't
feel like you are doing work
- Because there's pictures and videos you
can understand more easily
- You can pick things that are harder or
easier and no one says you're stupid
- Computers have more information than teachers
- You can learn about the whole world from
- If you e-mail your friends its cheaper
than the phone so your mum lets you
- You can go shopping on the internet
- You can make really good pictures from
- You'd be real proud of your writing..it
looks like a book
- Its easier to do problems when there's
pictures of it.
- My mum lets me use the computer lots cause
she says its good for my education.
- computers give you lots of information
- you don't get bored so easily
- we can learn about things we are interested
- you can send letters to anywhere in the
- gives you more knowledge than a book
- easy to use once you get the hang of it
- you can look up almost anything on the
- you can play games on it
- lots of interesting pictures on the Internet
- you can see places that you haven't been to
- typing is better than writing
- always something to do with a computer
- you can make posters, cards, banners etc.
- you can scan pictures
- You can look up your favourite football
team on the Internet
- You can download games instead of buying
- you can look up RTE and get the news
- you can listen to music and download it
- you can save games and come back to them